Happy Friday, babes! It’s been raining for about 36 straight hours here in Chicago, but for some reason I don’t mind it one bit. It’s been cozy with the fireplace running, and being able to hear the rain hit the roof of my loft – and makes me feel okay about lingering in bed, sipping slowly on my coffee and reading this book before officially starting the day.
This weekend my friend’s baby is turning one, so I’ll be stopping over there for her little party to celebrate. This will be followed by a lazy Sunday spent with friends and catching up on Homeland (I’m still on season 1). Tuesday I start up my ballet classes and I couldn’t be more excited to get back in the swing of it. Not only is it such a good workout, but it’s an amazing mental practice as well. My slippers, leotard and tights came in the mail a couple of weeks ago ;) so stay tuned to my instastories to catch some behind the scenes ;)
Speaking of instastories – in case some of you may not know, I’ve created an entirely separate Instagram account that harbors my personal images unrelated to my photography account, and focuses on this blog and it’s content and my personal life. It’s intended to be a space where I don’t put so much pressure on myself to curate the “perfect feed” – rather an authentic/somewhat in the moment feed. So come follow along to get glimpses into what I’m doing when I’m not behind the camera (inside my home, friends, Jasper, lots of coffee, travels, etc)
What are you all up to this weekend? Hope it’s a relaxing one! x
- I just joined SoHo Every House and I can’t wait to settle in and get acquainted with other members. If anything, it’s a lovely place to work outside of the house, and to have somewhere to visit when traveling. Today is my intro and I couldn’t be more excited. Unfortunately there isn’t one in Ireland which is where I’ll be next month, but I can’t wait to try and visit each one on the list within the year.
- I recently got a programmable coffee maker and it’s kind of a game changer. Since I live in a loft and the ceilings are open, waking up to the intense smell of fresh brewed coffee is – well – everything. I set it up the night before, and plug in the time that I want it to start brewing. I bought this one and I’m super, super happy with it. It also stays hot for a couple of hours.
- I needed (wanted? debatable) a couple of dresses for spring, and I landed on this nude/pink one, this black one and this grey one from Asos. They’re all so insanely comfortable and I can’t wait to be able to actually show my legs without being freezing ;) Any day now, Chicago.
- Have any of you tried Duolingo? I started with Spanish and was crushing it back in January, and then fell off the wagon. I’m committing to getting back into it this weekend and following through. It’s so easy and I can’t believe how effective it is!
- Does anyone have any recommendations for rose oil that they love? I’m on the hunt for one to use immediately after the shower, so let me know in the comments or send me an email :) firstname.lastname@example.org – thank you!