A little iPhone shot while in Frankfurt, Germany a few days ago.
Guys, I’m honestly not sure how I’m even functioning right now, but alas here I am! One eye open, missing my little routine of writing and cozying up on the couch in the middle of the afternoon. I have to give my friend Meg some serious credit due to my ability to have one eye open rather than both closed, because she blogged a bout this smoothie and it’s killer. The coffee is saving my life. I also want to go ahead and apologize now for any typos or paragraphs that just literally make zero sense :)
So we’re back from two weeks of travel abroad and all I can say is: wow. I’m going to fill you all in on the trip little by little here on the blog once I’ve got the photos all edited and my notes all in line, but for now I thought I’d do a cliff notes of what’s-what around here!
- Most importantly, I’m reunited with Jasper after two whole months apart. Chris took the most amazing video of the moment he and I saw one another when I picked him up from daycare in Delray Beach, and I’ve literally watched it like 400 times. Dogs are the best and I’m so happy to have him home.
- I’ve been flirting with the idea of going more and more natural in my day to day routine. Less makeup, less hair product, less nail polish, etc) Do you guys ever feel like you just want to give your body a break? That’s kind of how I feel right now. I’m going to blog about this in more detail next week.
- Sooo, I caved and finally got cable. Since March I’ve only had Netflix and the basic lineup (news channels), and today during my super intense date with jet lag, all I wanted was to veg out in front of the TV and watch some Bravo or HGTV. So, guess where I am right at this moment? In front of the TV, watching garbage :) I won’t be making it a regular thing, since I much prefer music, but sometimes you just want to have mindless shows playing while you decompress.
- I bought a few summer staples the other day (again, I’ll be blowing about them more in detail soon!), but I’m most excited about this sweet romper (definitely on the romper train right now) And it reminds me of Sweden (I’m 50%)
- I watched the documentary “Embrace” on the plane yesterday, and loved every second. It’s so sweet, and a really good, eye-opening message about body image. Women all around the globe should watch it.
- I’ve decided I’m going to go a whole year without cutting my hair. I’ll tend to my split ends myself to make sure I don’t have too much breakage, but I’ve heard both sides: cut every 8 weeks / don’t cut just trim your split ends. I’ve only ever done the former – so lets see what happens! I’ll be tracking it on IG and see how much it’s growing each month. *PS: I have these trimming scissors and they’re amazing.
- I’m going to Pilates ProWorks today for my first class. I freaking love Pilates so much (you can literally feel your body tighten after like 2 classes) and a studio opened up by my apartment. I’ll let you know what I think.
- Have you heard of this jewelry company on Etsy? I just bought this and this, and I’m obsessed. Her packaging is amazing, too.