This week has been a good one. I had zero plans since getting back from Chicago after shooting this amazing wedding and this engagement shoot, so it’s been amazing to be able to catch up on work and wrap up around 6:30 to prepare dinner and unwind. Oh, and go to bed early. That, too. I’m off to Joshua Tree on Sunday for this photo camp that I’m so excited for I could cry. I cannot wait to tell you all about it once I’m back next Friday morning, and for all of the amazing creative people I’m going to meet. I’m also headed there with one of my closest friends (and one of my new friends here in South Florida who I ADORE and who has been taking the recent photos of me for the blog as of late) so that’s a treat in itself. Britt and I fly into LA on Sunday evening and decided to go big and rent a convertible for our road trip to JT on Monday morning. Just thinking about it gives me chills! So stay tuned.
Okay, I’ve gotten side tracked. Today I wanted to share with all of you my quick makeup routine. I don’t know about you, but I’m beauty obsessed, and learning about other women’s beauty habits is something that could suck me in for hours. (eh em, see here) I thought it would be beneficial to share said 5 minute face, because when I’m going to an event (like a wedding, a party, or even out for date night) my make up routine is way more extensive and quite honestly, I use more expensive products than I do for my usual workday routine, heading to the gym (yep, I wear make up to the gym!) or when I’m out running errands.
My main agenda when applying this 5 minute face is to have optimal coverage while protecting my skin from this serious South Florida sun (but you should, too, wherever you are! Even in the dead of winter!) and to give off a little glow that tries to convince people that YES! I AM AWAKE! Even if I’m pining for a nap at 2pm. What can I not leave the house without, you ask? Mascara. It’s the truth. I love it so much – it runs deep. And a nude lip liner. Can’t I have both?
Okay, so here you have it. My 5 Minute Face that I swear by:
1. This tinted moisturizer was given to me by my dermatologist since I’m ultra paranoid about getting sun on my face. But I absolutely love the ease of having a tinted moisturizer for those lazy days. If you have sensitive skin like me (to the max) this one is for you. The consistency isn’t too thick which I love, and it lays really nice under make up for those foundation wearing days.
2. This eye cream OH MY GOD. I can’t stop talking about it and I’m sure my friends are entirely over hearing about it, but there’s still you guys! So buy it. Buy it now. Don’t waste another minute. You’re welcome. (I plan on doing a post on my updated skin care routine and this will for sure make the cut. Can’t wait to show you the before and after. It’s wild)
3. This loose powder (in translucent) is my go-to for many reasons. The coverage is unlike any other that I’ve found out there, and the best part of all, it’s SAFE. Nothing else really matters in my book.
4. This matte bronzer is my favorite that I’ve tried. A tiny bit goes a long way, and it’s the same company as the loose powder that I mentioned above, so it’s super safe and gentle on your skin.
5. This dual highlighter and concealer is a steal for it’s coverage and well, highlighting abilities ;) Since it’s so affordable, I always keep one in my purse, too for touchups throughout the day.
6. This blush (in coffee cake) I love this shade for it’s natural look, and this blush in general due to the fact that it goes on thin and it’s texture is silky smooth (fun tip: it doubles as a great lip tint)
7. This subtle eyeshadow (technically an eyeliner, but I broke the rules) is my new favorite. It makes me way more happy then what’s probably normal, but that’s okay. I get compliments on it every single time I wear it.
8. This eyeliner is my go to on the days I decide to give myself a subtle cat eye. It’s amazing because it’s truly like a pen. So easy to apply and incredibly affordable. I’ve been using this for years. (I recommend the coffee because it’s less harsh, but I have the black as well for more formal looks)
9. My “can’t live without” make up product is by far mascara. It always has been. It makes me feel so much more awake, and I recently discovered this one while shopping at Sephora. It’s INCREDIBLE you guys. I can’t recommend it enough. It gives amazing volume and length without clumping and the brush is so soft. I’ll be buying this time and time again.
10. Last but not least, my favorite lipsticks that I’ve talked about so many times. Roomiest Rose has been my go to color as of late. They last for quite a while, and the application goes on super smooth (think chapstick) and is anything but sticky. It’s absurd how many of these I own, but again, they’re my favorite :) * I pair it with this lip liner