10 Simple Things In The Month Of October
- Sleeping with the windows open. Saving money on heat and air is always a perk this time of year, and there’s something about the way the air smells when this season approaches. I’m a huge fan of being a little chilly when I sleep, and this is my favorite way to accomplish that.
- Adding more blankets. Similar to the above, but adding plush blankets to my bedding is just straight up cozy.
- Red wine. I’ve been having a glass at dinner each night (opting for blends)
- Fall clothes. I recently opted to create my first capsule wardrobe, and I couldn’t be happier that it started with this season. You can check out my 30 picks right here.
- Blacklist & Suits. I haven’t been watching that much TV lately other than some Netflix here and there, but these are two of my favorite fall shows (my dad introduced me to Blacklist and LOVED it, so it always makes me feel a little closer to him – regardless of how intense the show is, haha)
- Mums. Seeing these all over town, whether in Chicago or Northern Michigan, makes me so insanely happy. Tied with artistic displays of pumpkins which I’m committed to embracing next year.
- Amber scented candles. You’re not surprised by this – I even created a post centered around the candles that I always have on hand. But something about this scent so perfectly resembles autumn, and I can’t get enough.
- Morning coffee with chocolate cashew milk. My friend introduced me to this last weekend while I was bundled up in her living room in my pajamas, and it was one of the best things I’ve ever tasted. I’ve had a tablespoon in my morning coffee ever since.
- A good book. I’ve been reading this one for the past couple of weeks and I love everything about it. It’s a little bit of a different energy than what I’m used to when it comes to authors that I read, but I find it refreshing. I can’t recommend it enough.
- Dark nail polish. I’m currently rocking Essie’s “licorice” which is way darker than I normally go, but I love it. A few others I love are this one and this one.