Happy Monday, my friends. If you’re in Chicago you know how exciting the past few days have been with the weather finally turning around and a) giving us copious amounts of sunshine and b) no rain. It got a little Seattle-esque there for a while and I was starting to lose my mind. Rain can only be cozy for so long, you know? ;)
My mom comes into town later tonight for a few days and I couldn’t be more excited to host her at the #tccloft. She has yet to see it in person, so that’s always super exciting to show your loved ones where you’re living out your day to day. We don’t have much planned other than her request to go to Zara (obviously – smart lady), some good dinners out, some good dinners in, and spending some time along the lakefront. Speaking of which – now that we’re finally able to spend ample amount of time outside without freezing our you know what’s off, I’ve started to brainstorm things I want to do this spring. I made a little list below if you’re interested ;)
Also – my bad on having March’s playlist creep into the first week of April, but better late than never! (pretty sure I said that last month, too) So, enjoy! (you can see January and February’s playlists here)
THINGS I’M LOOKING FORWARD TO THIS SPRING
- Perfecting my grill game. My dad taught me years ago, and while I remember the basic functions of the grill (attaching the propane tank, turning the gas on and off – you know, the super crucial parts haha) I have yet to fully understand what the grill is capable of whipping up, and the basics of placement and temperature. I hope to change that now that the weather is changing – because literally everything tastes better on the grill, in my opinion.
- Create some fun refreshing cocktails using this stuff. It’s my new favorite, and while I might be a little biased (my boyfriend makes it), it is so insanely delicious – even to someone who doesn’t usually like anything cherry flavored (me).
- Traveling Ireland with my mom. I’ve never been, but it’s been on my list for years. We’ll be spending a week between different towns, and of course visiting the Cliffs of Moher (literally cannot wait for that) *Any other recommendations for things to do and see while we’re there?!
- Starting back up ballet. One of my brides takes adult classes over in Irving, and when I was photographing her on her wedding day I kept complimenting her posture and poise. She kept crediting her ballet classes, and I thought to myself – why don’t I just start dancing again? So, I’ll be joining the dance group later this month.
- Enjoying the rooftop pool at Soho House and getting better acquainted with the club.
- Starting a bookclub with some girlfriends here in Chicago. I’ve never done one of these, but I absolutely love to read (currently reading this) – and it’s the perfect excuse to get together and drink wine, lets be honest :)