The other day while looking through some blogs that I love reading, I came across a homemade recipe for one of my favorite comfort meals in the entire world.
Chicken Tikka Masala.
This alongside a piece of garlic naan and a full bodied red? My last supper. The best part about this – it’s a slow cooker recipe! It feels too good to be true, but it’s not.
Here’s the recipe if you’re as much of a fan of this dish as I am. I usually buy about 4 at a time each trip I take to Trader Joes because I have this serious fear that they’ll run out, but now I can save my money (and some calories – whew.. the TJ’s frozen version is no joke).
This week was pretty lovely and so, so aligned within creativity. Nothing gets me more high than feeling synced with writing and creating from a pure authentic space, and I celebrated with some major self care on Wednesday night after finishing The Declutter Method Online Course! I’m really not sure I can articulate how proud I am of this labor of love, and how excited I am to be able to share it with those of you who feel called to join in. While I still have some minor finishing touches (and a few beta testers trying it out to ensure there aren’t any glitches), March 18th, 2020 will be the Early Bird Release! So if you feel called to do this impactful work, I encourage you to sign up for pre-registration as that’s how you’ll get pinged with the course link & your 50% off discount code :)
Okay, let’s talk gratitude. Because I’m swimming in it.
• I beat 2 personal records in Orange Theory, which felt so, so good. I can’t even tell you how badly I wanted to give up on those long sprints, but I held on.
• Snuggles with Jasper first thing in the morning. He’s always so calm (which I seriously appreciate) and warm. It’s like snuggling with a little heated blanket while drinking my coffee.
• Random conversations with strangers. I’ve been trying to get out of my own little bubble lately, and make an effort to talk to strangers, even if it’s just for a brief moment. The other day at Orange Theory I complimented a girl’s boots and it ended up turning into this longer conversation about how we used to dress in elementary school, haha! We were both laughing by the end, and it just felt really good. A reminder that we’re not that different from one another, and that human connection is the best.
• My AIR FRYER. What’s an oven? I can’t remember anymore. This thing is the best $65 I’ve spent in some time, and I can’t recommend it enough. It cooks chicken in 10 minutes, roasts broccoli in 8 and sweet potatoes in 12! It’s magic and I’m still not sure I completely understand it.. but air fryer recipes are now my new favorite thing to Pin. I’ve been collecting recipes left and right, and I can’t be stopped. That’s adulting to the fullest.
• This playlist that my friend and beautiful reiki master Victoria made. I’ve been listening for 2 days straight and it’s been the best music to assist in my writing. Not to mention it’s been making me feel just all around joyful and energized.
• The Chicago sunrises. I’m so grateful to have the view I have right now in this season of life – overlooking the water and the beach. Each morning I’m so excited to see what the clouds are doing, what color the sun is going to bring through (oranges and reds? light pinks and yellows?) It may sound cheesy, but it’s so, so magical.
As far as this weekend…
Two of my closest friends got engaged to each other recently, so we’re going to celebrate together and I can’t wait to bask in that joy with them. Other than that, I fully intend on taking advantage of the 60+* day we’re supposed to have on Sunday! I’ve really been valuing slowing down on the weekends and really letting myself rest. Even having the part time design gig at Nate Berkus is making me value my free time (even though I LOVE every second that I’m there!). It’s just a different shift and season of life that I’m in, and I’m approaching my personal time a bit differently. Hope your week was lovely and your weekend is even better. See you back here next week. x