Happy Friday, loves. I’m heading to Detroit later today to visit my soul sister for the weekend and I couldn’t be more excited for some quality time that involves relaxing, unwinding and as always – some super impactful conversations that always leave me feeling better than when I arrived.
I hope you’ve all got something good planned for the weekend ahead!
Let’s jump in to today’s post.
A little gratitude list
• My oldest friend Morgan (we’re talking 27 years of consistent friendship here) just got engaged and we met up for dinner the other night. She asked me to be a bridesmaid, I cried, we hugged, and then we planned the hell out of her wedding over some happy hour rosé. So grateful for her, her amazing fiancé, and their hilarious yet super expanding relationship.
• Going to bed early, waking up early. While sleep has always been a priority for me, I always tended to stay up later then I wanted due to being on someone else’s clock. These days, I’m in bed by 10:30 and I’m waking up by 6:45/7. Who knew you could get so much done before 10am?!
• Reading in the morning before anything else. I used to do this all the time, and then I fell out of that pattern. I love waking up to pages on a book, rather than the busyness that comes from checking my phone or my email first thing. (I almost always wait ’til about noon to check my email)
• Covered Christmas music. I’ve been loving this playlist lately.
• My car. I’m really, really grateful to have a safe and reliable way to up and leave for the weekend to see girlfriends. It’s a luxury that I don’t take for granted (clearly).
Some links to flow you into the weekend
• For those of you who are flirting with the idea of getting a tattoo but just can’t quite commit, this company is awesome.
• Want to hear a song so beautiful you might cry? I don’t now what it is about it, but it’s been on repeat and it’s bringing SO much inner calm to my life right now. Whew. She’s a beaut.
• Well I just added these to my Christmas list.
• My best friend Lindsay introduced me to the show Catastrophe on Amazon Prime. It’s HILARIOUS but also so insanely relatable. I couldn’t recommend this enough if you need a show to watch in the cold winter. Sadly there are only 3 seasons right now, but season 4 is said to be coming soon!
OTHER NOTE WORTHY THINGS
• 2 Mindfulness Coaching slots in my rePURPOSE program just opened up, starting January 2019. You can click here to learn a bit more and how to get in touch about working together.1