Happy Friday! I’m currently curled up in my favorite chair, knee deep in some coffee, at least a thousand candles burning, and truly looking forward to a super quiet day before I head to a photo shoot earlier this evening. I love days like this • you wake up and have the freedom to decide what it looks like. You have no plans, no commitments, it can just flow however you’d like. For me, that’s going to look a lot like what I just described above, getting in a quick workout, and going to get a Thai massage. (my guilty pleasure)
Wherever you are and whatever your Friday is looking like in this moment, I hope you’re content and feeling grounded, settled, secure.
Let’s jump into this week’s short list of gratitude. x
A SHORT LIST OF GOOD THINGS
• The show Suits. Does anyone watch this show? I’m obsessed, and since I’ve been watching for years, it’s definitely not the same without Meghan Markle or Patrick Adams. Nevertheless, it’s been my go-to when I’m winding down for the day.
• I mentioned it above, but Thai massages. I’ve been getting them on and off for a year and a half, and while I had my fair share of them in actual Thailand, I have to admit, the place down the street from me is the best I’ve ever had. While they’re not like your typical spa massage, for $28 you really can’t beat this full body experience. I always leave feeling like a million bucks (due to the reflexology and because I almost always drift off into the most relaxing sleep for 15 or so minutes)
• My girlfriends. This one is loaded, but the older I get and now that I’m in this transition of being on my own for the first time in oh… almost a decade? they’re showing up in such a way that has me in total awe of them. I’ve hit the jackpot, and I’m spending most of my energy these days making sure they know every day how grateful I am that they’re in my life. (hopefully this inspires you to text your best friend and tell him/her that he/she is supa’ loved and appreciated :)
• Hubbard Street Dance / Lou Conte Dance Studio. It’s right down the street from me, and my modern and jazz classes start up this upcoming week. I’ve been putting a lot of emphasis on spending time doing things that I’m filled up by – that nourish me from the inside out and dancing is definitely one of them. It’s been a while since I stepped foot into a studio, and I cannot wait.
SOME LINKS TO FLOW YOU INTO THE WEEKEND
• How gorgeous is this living space? Now I’m contemplating a total redesign…
• This outfit. Yes please.
• Currently coveting this little number.
• Halloween costumes for people who don’t like Halloween (hi, that’s me!)
• This transformation is amazing
HERE’S WHAT WENT LIVE ON THE BLOG THIS WEEK, IN CASE YOU MISSED IT: